Dahlheim (Pfalz): Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "{{media}}" to " {{de1}} {{media1}}")
m (Text replacement - "{{de}}" to "")
Line 1: Line 1:
{{de}}
 


'''DAHLHEIM'''
'''DAHLHEIM'''

Revision as of 15:08, 26 December 2022


DAHLHEIM

State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Rhein-Lahn Kreis (until 1969 Loreleykreis)
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Loreley

Wappen von Dahlheim (Pfalz)/Arms (crest) of Dahlheim (Pfalz)
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on June 1, 1978.

The shell with the two pligrim's staffs are the symbols of the local patron saint, St. James the Elder (Jacobus). The oldest known, 17th century, seal of the village shows the saint, walking and carrying the staff. The upper left quarter shows the arms of the Counts of Nassau, the lower the red cross of the State of Trier. Historically the village was part of the STate of Trier and came in 1802 to Nassau.

The arms are based on an older design, which only showed the shell and staffs. This proposal was made in the early 1950s (see below), but the municipality wanted to add the arms of the former rulers.

Wappen von Dahlheim (Pfalz)/Arms (crest) of Dahlheim (Pfalz)


Template:De1 Template:Media1

Literature: Köhn, 1994; Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956