Oestrich: Difference between revisions

Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replace - "|width="15%"|50 px|right |}" to "|width="15%"|50 px|right |}<seo title="Wappen, Gemeindewappen" />")
m (Text replace - "[[Literature" to "{{media}} [[Literature")
Line 20: Line 20:
The arms show the arms of Mainz, as the town historically belonged to the [[Mainz (State)|State of Mainz]]. The seals of the town still showed from 1340-1627 St. Martin and the beggar, the patron saint of Mainz. The two wheels first appear in the 17<sup>th</sup> century on the seals, but have been used in the town since the early 16<sup>th</sup> century (on stones in the local church). Ever since these arms have been used by the town.  
The arms show the arms of Mainz, as the town historically belonged to the [[Mainz (State)|State of Mainz]]. The seals of the town still showed from 1340-1627 St. Martin and the beggar, the patron saint of Mainz. The two wheels first appear in the 17<sup>th</sup> century on the seals, but have been used in the town since the early 16<sup>th</sup> century (on stones in the local church). Ever since these arms have been used by the town.  


{{media}}


[[Literature]] : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
[[Literature]] : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.