Auf Schwarz ein goldener Löwe, rot bekront und bewehrt, rote Zunge, ein silbernes Rad haltend. Auf Silber im Schildfuß ein blaues Wellenband. Die dreitürmige Festungsmauer in grau-braun.
The arms of Bad Sobernheim were granted on May 31, 1924.
The arms are based on the oldest seals of Sobernheim, which had received city rights in 1330. Until 1471 the seals only showed the wheel of the State of Mainz, as the city was part of Mainz. From 1471-1798 the city was part of the Pfalz and the seals thus showed the lion of the Pfalz. These two symbols were combined in the new arms. The base symbolises the Rhine river.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site