- (1845) De sable, à trois fleurs de lÿs, d'argent,
- (1985) In zilver drie staande lelies van keel.
The arms were granted on February 25, 1845 and again on July 1, 1985
The arms are identical to the old arms, but now in the historical colours. Also the fleur-de-lis now are cut off from the base, also according to the historical arms.
The previous arms were granted on February 25, 1845.
The arms are based on the arms of the Rotselaar family, Lords of Haacht since the 13th century. The seals of the local council from the 14th-16th century all show a shield with three fleur-de-lis, the arms of the family. The arms were granted in 1845 in the wrong colours, silver on black, the reason for this is not known. Most likely the council misinterpreted the colours from an old document.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a police badge (source)
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site