Hillesheim (Rheinhessen)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Mainz-Bingen (until 1969 Mainz)
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Rhein-Selz

Wappen von Hillesheim (Rheinhessen)/Arms (crest) of Hillesheim (Rheinhessen)
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms show in the right half the arms of the Lords of Daun-Oberstien, who owne dthe COunty Falkenstein, to which part of the village belonged. The left half shoes a rose, symbol for the Rosenthal Abbey, which owned the other half of the village.

In the early 20th century the arms were shown in the Kaffee Hag albums in slightly different colours. These arms were, however, mistakenly mentioned as Hillesheim (Eifel) instead of Hillesheim (Rheinhessen).

During the years the colour of the rose has varied considerably as can be seen below.

Wappen von Hillesheim (Rheinhessen)/Coat of arms (crest) of Hillesheim (Rheinhessen)

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Wappen von Hillesheim (Rheinhessen)/Coat of arms (crest) of Hillesheim (Rheinhessen)

The arms in 1956 (Hessisches Wappenbuch)

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Hessisches Wappenbuch - Ortswappen, 1956.