|German||In Rot auf grünem Boden eine silberne Kirche mit Sattelturm und blauem Dach, beiderseits und über dem Langhaus der Kirche je eine grüne Tanne.|
The canting composition of a church (Kirche) in the woods (Holz, wood/forest) already appeared on the oldest known seal of the town, dating from the late 16th century. The church is the local St. Lawrence church. Ever since the composition has been used in the local seals and images. However, the size and shape of the church have changed regularly, and the number of trees also varied widely. The colours of the filed also changed, in the 19th century for example, the field was blue. The above composition was adopted in 1929.
The arms in a manuscript from 1599
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site