From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 14:02, 29 January 2024 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "===Official blazon===↵↵===Origin/meaning===" to "{| class="wikitable" |+Official blazon |- |'''English''' | blazon wanted |} ===Origin/meaning===")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Additions: 1914 Alscheid
Incorporated into : 2006 Kiischpelt

Armoiries de Kautenbach
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on April 28, 1984.

Until 1792 most of the municipality belonged to the Estate of Wiltz. The arms of the Estate were of gold with a chief of red. These arms are combined with the chequered shield (gold and red) of the Schaack family, who were the most important family in the village of Merckholz in the municipality.

To these arms are added two fish taken from the arms of the Fischbach family, who resided at the Schuttbourg castle in the municipality. The axe is taken from the (non official) arms of the former municipality of Alscheid, which was incorporated into Kautenbach in 1914.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.