Kirchberg an der Jagst
KIRCHBERG AN DER JAGST
|German||In Silber ein aufgerichteter schwarzer Löwe, in den Pranken eine doppeltürmige rote Kirche mit Dachreiter haltend.|
The arms were granted in 1953 and again confirmed in 1979.
The arms are based on the oldest known seal of the city, which dates from the 16th century. The lion is most likely the lion of the Hohenlohe dynasty, which granted city rights to Kirchberg in 1373.
In the 17th century the church was replaced by a sceptre, in the 19th century the whole arms were replaced by new canting arms, showing a church on a mountain.
After the Second World War the city wanted to use the oldest arms, and the arms were granted in 1953.
The arms on an 1877 poster
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Postal cancellation 1996
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site