Kirchheim in Schwaben
KIRCHHEIM IN SCHWABEN
Geteilt von Rot und Gold; darauf ein silbern geharnischter barhäuptiger und bärtiger Mann, die Rechte zum Schwur erhoben, die Linke am schwarzen Griff des Schwertes.
The arms were officially granted on May 28, 1544 by Emperor Charles V.
The arms show a type of soldier known as Kürassier. The figure is well described in the original document, and was never, as sometimes was stated, shown as a mounted knight. Ever since the arms have shown the figure, but the actual size and shape has differed widely. It has alse been mentioned that the figure is Hans Walther von Hürnheim, Lord of the village at the time and who asked for the granting of the arms.
The original diploma of the arms (source)
The arms in Kramer (1841)
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site