Kirchheim unter Teck
Country : Germany
State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Esslingen
(until 1972 Nürtingen)
Unter goldenem Schildhaupt, darin eine schwarze Hirschstange, in Blau ein mit Kesselrinken besetztes silbernes Kreuz (Kirchenspange).
Kirchheim was founded in the 13th century by the Dukes of Teck, who also granted the city rights in 1260. The lower part of the arms shows the so-called Kirchheimer cross, which origin is not known. Until 1306 the cross is shown on the seals besides the diamonds of the arms of the Dukes of Teck. From 1306-1325 the diamonds were replaced by the arms of Austria, as the city became a possession of the Habsburg family.
After 1325 the city became part of Württemberg and the antler of Württemberg was placed above the cross. Ever since the antler has been used above the cross, and the colours are known since 1535.
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site