From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm (until 1969 Bitburg)
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Bitburger Land (until 2014 Verbandsgemeinde Kyllburg)

Wappen von Kyllburg/Arms (crest) of Kyllburg
Official blazon
German In Blau eine silberne Kirche mit rotem Dach und rot gedecktem Dachreiter; beiderseits desselben je ein schwebender silberner Schild mit durchgehendem rotem Kreuz.
English blazon wanted


The arms are based on the oldest known seal of the city, which dates from the 14th century. The seal showed a church and two small shields with the arms of the State of Trier. The city and the surrounding area belonged to the State of Trier until 1803. Kyllburg was fortified in 1256 and received city rights from the Archbishop of Trier in 1332. The composition of the arms and on the seals did not change during the centuries, except sometimes for the addition of the personal arms of some of the Archbishops.

Wappen von Kyllburg/Coat of arms (crest) of Kyllburg

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Siegel von Kyllburg

The municipal stamp shown in 1892

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site