|German||In geteiltem, unten gespaltenem Schild oben in Gold ein springendes schwarzes Ross, darunter vorne in Rot an drei Ringen hängend eine dreilatzige, golden befranste silberne Fahne, hinten von Schwarz und Silber geteilt.|
Langenau received city rights in 1376 from the Count of Werdenber, but when the city became a possession of Ulm in 1377, the city rights were retracted. As no old arms or seals were known, the above arms were devised in 1886. The horse symbolises the formally important horse breeding in the area. The lower half shows the banner used by the Counts of Werdenberg, and the divided shield of Ulm.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site