Limburgerhof

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


LIMBURGERHOF

State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Rhein-Pfalz Kreis
Additions : 1930 (parts of) Mutterstadt, Neuhofen, Rheingonheim, Schifferstadt

Wappen von Limburgerhof/Arms (crest) of Limburgerhof
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted in 1932 for the newly created municipality. As no historical arms or seals existed the arms were newly devised. The upper part shows the cross for the Benedictine Abbey Limburg. The abbey gave the municipality its name and played an important role in the local history.

The will wheel symbolises the Rehhütte water mill, which was first mentioned in 1241, in the oldest settled part of the municipality. The colours of the lower part are derived from the colours of the State of Speyer, and of the upper part derived from the Pfalz. The area historically belonged either to the Pfalz or the State of Speyer.

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.





This page is part of the
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:



Contact and Support

Partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site