Lindenberg im Allgäu
LINDENBERG IM ALLGÄU
|German||In Silber auf grünem Dreiberg eine zweitürmige rote Kirche in Vorderansicht mit breitem Vorbau und blauen Dächern, beiderseits je eine grüne Linde.|
As there were no old seals or images available, it was decided in 1835 to devise new arms for the city. The original proposal showed a lady's hat, according to the local fashion and time. It was not granted, as hats tend to change during time with fashion.
Instead in 1838 the present arms were granted. The arms show the local parish church, on a mountain and surrounded by linden trees (Berg=mountain), making it canting arms. As the church was rebuilt, the arms had to be changed. Originally the church had two sharp towers, but in 1914 the towers were rebuilt.
The present arms were granted on December 30, 1930 and show the church from 1914.
The arms in Kramer (1841)
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site