|German||In Blau ein goldener Schlüssel mit nach unten zeigendem rechts gewandtem Kreuzbart und Herzreite.|
The arms were granted on January 22, 1938.
The arms are based on the seal of the village, known since 1816. The key is the symbol of St. Peter, the local patron saint. The colours are those of the State of Nassau, to which the village belonged in the 19th century. St. Peter holding a key is already known from the parish seals of Meudt since the 14th century.
The oldest seal of the council appeared in 1519 and showed the arms of the Counts ofDiez, who ruled the village until 1564. The seal remained in use, however until 1612. A new seal appeared in 1690 showing the cross of the State of Trier, to which Meudt belonged from 1564-1804. In 1804 the village became part of Nassau.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956