From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Rhein-Lahn Kreis (until 1969 Loreleykreis)
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Nastätten

Wappen von Miehlen/Arms (crest) of Miehlen
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on July 12, 1950.

The arms are a combination of the arms of two families, the rose of the Von Miehlen family and the chief of the Von Liebenstein family, who also named themselves Von Miehlen, but who were not related to the former family. The rose also refers to the name Rosa domus Nassoica (rose of the House of Nassau), as the village was named in a document from 1644.

The oldest seal of the town dates from 1563 and shows in a quartered shield the lions of Nassau (first and fourth quarter) and the lion of Nassau-Saarbrücken (second and third quarter), as the town belonged to Nassau since the 14th century.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956