Miltenberg (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

  • (1963) Geteilt durch einen waagerechten silbernen Wellenbalken, oben in Rot ein silbernes sechsspeichiges Rad, unten in grün symbolisierte Werkzeuge in Silber.
  • (1977) Unter dem Schildhaupt mit den bayerischen Rauten in Rot ein silberner Wellenpfahl; davor ein sechsspeichiges silbernes Rad; dahinter drei silberne Spitzen


The arms were granted on May 25, 1977.

The wheel is the wheel of the State of Mainz, which was part of the arms of both older districts. The points are the arms of the State of Würzburg, and are here used as the arms for the Franken area. The pale is the Main river and the chief is the arms of Bayern. The area belongs since 1816 to Bayern.

The old arms were granted on October 2nd, 1963.

The arms are a combination of the river Main, the wheel of the arms of Mainz and some tools used in the sandstone quarries. The district is situated alongside the river Main and the main industries are the sandstone quarries, agriculture and forestry. The latter two are symbolised by the green colour in the lower part of the arms. A large part of the district was part of the State of Mainz, namely the former Ämter Miltenberg, Amorbach, Klingenberg am Main and Grossheubach.

The arms in the Deutsches Wappenmuseum

Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Contact us
Support the site:

eBay shop
Download shop

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Linder and Olzog, 1996.