From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
United Kingdom.jpg
British heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom

  • Overseas possessions
  • Total pages in the British section : 6,104
  • Total images in the British section : 6,083


Incorporated into : 1975 Wigtown District Council (1996 Dumfries and Galloway)

The Burgh did not have arms, only a seal is known. The seal shows a representation of the McMillan Hall, which was erected in 1888 and was provided from a bequest from two local ladies, the Misses Marion and Jane McMillan.

Coat of arms (crest) of Newton-Stewart

Seal of the burgh as used in the 1890s

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature :