From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Hessen
District (Kreis) : Wetteraukreis (until 1975 Friedberg-Hessen)
Incorporated into : 1970 Butzbach

Wappen von Nieder-Weisel/Arms (crest) of Nieder-Weisel
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted in 1953 and show in the upper part the lion of the Counts of Solms. The village belonged since 1478 to the Counts of Solms and their descendants. Under the Counts of Hohensolms-Lich the village gradually became more important.

The lower part shows the cross of the Order of the Templars (Johanitter). The village was as early as 1245 the main seat of the Order in this area. The local church was a possession of the Order in the Middle Ages and after its restoration in 1868.

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site