Parish-provostry of Jindřichův Hradec
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
PARISH - PROVOSTRY OF JINDŘICHŮV HRADEC
The crowned letter "M" is a symbol of the Virgin Mary, likely derived from the arms of the Lords of Hradec and later the Slavata noble family, whose member Vilém Slavata ensured the promotion of the local decanate to a provostry in 1625.
The website of the parish-provostry claims they also use the following coat of arms (apparently simultaneously with the above arms) but gives no explanation.
Rate these arms / rate this page :