Parish-provostry of Jindřichův Hradec

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 17:03, 26 June 2019 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Category:Czech ecclesiastical heraldry" to "Category:Ecclesiastical heraldry of the Czech Republic")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The crowned letter "M" is a symbol of the Virgin Mary, likely derived from the arms of the Lords of Hradec and later the Slavata noble family, whose member Vilém Slavata ensured the promotion of the local decanate to a provostry in 1625.

The website of the parish-provostry claims they also use the following coat of arms (apparently simultaneously with the above arms) but gives no explanation.


Follow us on
   
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
 
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:





eBay shop
Download shop

Literature : Images from here. Information from email communication with vicar Ivo Prokop.