Parish-provostry of Jindřichův Hradec

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 17:03, 26 June 2019 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Category:Czech ecclesiastical heraldry" to "Category:Ecclesiastical heraldry of the Czech Republic")

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal

Catholic heraldry


Other Christian churches


Other religions


  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 16,960
  • Total images in the Ecclesiastical section : 15,163

PARISH - PROVOSTRY OF JINDŘICHŮV HRADEC

Diocese: České Budějovice
Vicariate: Jindřichův Hradec
Denomination : Roman Catholic

Arms of Parish-provostry of Jindřichův Hradec

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The crowned letter "M" is a symbol of the Virgin Mary, likely derived from the arms of the Lords of Hradec and later the Slavata noble family, whose member Vilém Slavata ensured the promotion of the local decanate to a provostry in 1625.

The website of the parish-provostry claims they also use the following coat of arms (apparently simultaneously with the above arms) but gives no explanation.

Jindrichuv hradec provostry 2.png

Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby, which takes a lot of time and effort (and costs).
If you like this initiative, please support the site:


Please visit our partners (click on image):


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature : Images from here. Information from email communication with vicar Ivo Prokop.