Port Laoise

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 15:25, 20 August 2023 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "|Arms of {{PAGENAME}}]]" to "|Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Irish heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Ireland
Araltais in Éirinn


County : Laois

Arms (crest) of Port Laoise

Official blazon

Party per fesse gules and azure, in chief two lions passant guardant in pale, and in base two fleurs-de-lis in fesse or.


The arms were registered (as ancient) om 24th November 1656.

The town was previously known as Maryborough in Queens County, as it received city rights by Queen Mary of England in 1557. The arms were probably used at the same time on the city seal, but no images are known. The arms are a simplified version of the English Royal arms.

Coat of arms (crest) of Port Laoise

The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Image provided by "Laurence Jones" (laurencejones@eircom.net)