Von Rot und Silber fünfmal schräglinks geteilt.
Schelkingen developed as a village around the castle of the Counts of Berg-Schelklingen in the 12th century and received city rights in the early 13th century. In 1343 the city became a possession of Austria and in 1806 of Württemberg.
The arms are based on the arms of the Counts of Berg-Schelklingen. The arms, although with the bends the other way round, appeared already on the first, 14th century, seal of the city. The present arms appear for the first time in the 17th century. The number of bends and the colours have changed several times during the centuries, but the present colours are the original colours.
The arms on an 1877 poster
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site