|German||In Gelb auf rotem Roß der rot gerüstete heilige Martin mit nebenhergehendem Bettler
The arms were granted on June 25, 1910 by King Wilhelm II of Prussia in the red and white colours of Westfalen. In 1979 the arms were changed to the (historical) golden field.
The arms show St. Martin, the patron saint of the city. Sendenhorst received city rights in 1319 from Bishop Ludwig II of Münster. Late 14th century seals already showed the image of St.Martin. All later seals and images of the arms show the same figure, only the position of the beggar differs.
Hupp showed the arms in the 1920s in different colours:
Contact and Support
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink