From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 14:59, 7 January 2024 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "↵↵'''" to "'''")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
Incorporated into : 1969 Rhein-Lahn Kreis

Wappen von Unterlahnkreis/Arms (crest) of Unterlahnkreis
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on August 5, 1958.

The arms show a wavy bar, symbolising the Lahn river that splits the district in two. The upper part shows the lion of the Counts of Diez, who also founded the city of Diez, the capital of the district. In 1388 their possessions were acquired by the Counts of Nassau (the later Principality of Nassau-Diez). The lion of Nassau is shown in the lower half. The city and ancestral castle of the Counts of Nassau are both in the district.

Wappen von Unterlahnkreis/Coat of arms (crest) of Unterlahnkreis

The arms on an cover

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site