Wörth am Rhein

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 11:44, 5 July 2022 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "| (de) " to "| ")

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 21,087
  • Total images in the German section : 36,358

WÖRTH AM RHEIN

State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Germersheim
Additions : 1969 Schaidt; 1979 Büchelberg, Maximiliansau

Wappen von Wörth am Rhein
Official blazon
German

Origin/meaning

The first arms of Wörth were granted on October 26, 1841 (above left). On April 7, 1961 the arms were changed (middle arms) and the present arms were granted on October 8, 1981 (above right).

The anchor is derived from the oldest known seal of the city, known from 1789. The seal showed the anchor upside down and with waves in the base. These elements were not granted in 1841, and the city tried several times to correct this. It took, however, until 1961 before the arms were corrected. The colour, which was arbitrarily chosen in 1841, was made blue, based on the indications on the seal.

After the merger of 1979 the arms were changed again and elements for Maximiliansau (S), Schaidt (foot) and Büchelberg (tree) were added.

Wappen von Wörth am Rhein

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:
Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Contact us:
Mail.png
Donate.jpg
Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop
All donations and sales are used for maintaining the site
and acquisition of new heraldic material

Literature : Debus, 1988