Wellmich

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 09:23, 6 April 2023 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "{| class="wikitable"↵|+Official blazon↵|-↵|'''German'''↵| ↵|-↵|'''English''' ↵| {{blazon wanted}}↵|}" to "{| class="wikitable" |+Official blazon |- |'''German''' | blazon wanted |- |'''English''' | blazon wanted |}")
Jump to navigation Jump to search


WELLMICH

State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Rhein-Lahn Kreis (until 1969 Loreleykreis)
Incorporated into : 1969 Sankt Goarshausen

Wappen von Wellmich/Arms (crest) of Wellmich
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

Wellmich was an imperial estate until the late 14th century when it was acquired by the Archbishops of Trier. The combination of the imperial eagle and the cross of the State of Trier is known from the seals of the town from the 15th-17th century. The size and position of the eagle, however, has changed considerably during the centuries. Since 1633 only a demi-eagle is used. The combination is used as arms since the 19th century.

Wappen von Wellmich

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.


Template:De1 Template:Media1