From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon


The arms were granted in 1823 and confirmed on February 26, 1845.

The arms show three acorns of unknown origin. The local council applied for these arms in the early 19th century, but gave no explanation. All different known Lords of Zwevezele used completely different arms. As no historical seals of Zwevezele are known, there is no information whether the arms with the acorns have been used prior to the 19th century.

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Servais, 1955