94th Engineer Battalion, US Army

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Usa.jpg
US heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United States
Usa.flag.gif

94TH ENGINEER BATTALION, US ARMY

Coat of arms (crest) of the 94th Engineer Battalion, US Army

Official blazon

Shield: Gules, a bendlet enhanced Argent in base a wolverine passant of the second.
Crest: On a wreath of the colors Argent and Gules, a chevron quarterly of the first and Vert and of the first and Azure, in front at base and extending overall a pick and shovel saltirewise Proper, coinciding with the lower edge of the chevron.
Motto: COHORTIBUS AUXILIA (Aid to any Division).

Distinctive Unit Insignia. Description: A Silver color metal and enamel device 1 5/32 inches (2.94 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Gules, a bendlet enhanced Argent in base a wolverine passant of the second. Attached below and to the sides of the shield a Silver scroll inscribed "COHORTIBUS AUXILIA" in Red letters.

Origin/meaning

Shield: The shield is red with the bendlet in silver, the colors of the Corps of Engineers. The wolverine represents the State of Michigan, in which the organization was activated in 1941. The bendlet representing a crossing or highway alludes to the mission of the battalion.

Crest: The chevron simulating a builder's square divided into four parts symbolizes the unit's four battle honors during World War II, the colors green and white representing Naples-Foggia and Rome-Arno with the colors blue and white representing the Rhineland and Central Europe. The pick and shovel are symbolic tools of the Engineers and allude to the unit's mission of construction.

The coat of arms was originally approved for the 94th Engineer Battalion (Separate) on 18 July 1941. It was redesignated for the 94th Engineer Regiment on 12 March 1943. It was redesignated for the 94th Engineer General Service Battalion on 14 August 1946. The insignia was redesignated for the 94th Engineer Construction Battalion on 28 November 1949. It was redesignated for the 94th Engineer Battalion on 30 June 1955. The coat of arms was amended to add a crest on 18 November 1974. The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 94th Engineer Battalion (Separate) on 18 July 1941. It was redesignated for the 94th Engineer Regiment on 12 March 1943. It was redesignated for the 94th Engineer General Service Battalion on 20 September 1946. The insignia was redesignated for the 94th Engineer Construction Battalion on 28 November 1949. The distinctive unit insignia was redesignated for the 94th Engineer Battalion on 30 June 1955.


Follow us on Facebook.jpg

(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)

Donate.jpg

Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Rate these arms / rate this page :
0.00
(0 votes)

(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)


Literature: Image from Wikimedia Commons. Information from The Institute of Heraldry, US Army.