|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) In Grün eine silberne Kirche in Seitenansicht mit zwei Fassadentürmen, sechseckigem Dachreiter und quadratischem Turm am Chorschluss.
The town developed around the large Benedictine monastery Amorbach and became a city in 1253. All seals of the city have shown the monastery, but during the centuries the shape, numer of towers and size of the monastery have changed considerably. Most seals also showed the wheel of Mainz, Amorbach was part of the State of Mainz.
The present arms show the monastery taken from the picture of Hupp in the late 19th century. Besides the monastery on arms and seals there is a small cartouche dating from 1687 that simply shows a letter A. Whether this has been used often is not known.
The arms by Tyroff (1835)
The arms on a municipal stamp (1892)
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in the Deutsches Wappenmuseum
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site: