Anglia Building Society
ANGLIA BUILDING SOCIETY (abolished 1987)
Arms: Per fesse gules and argent, in chief a tower triple towered of the second, the portcullis raised Or, and in base a double rose of the first barbed and seeded proper; all between two keys, wards downwards and outwards, counter changed.
Crest: On a wreath of the colours, Upon a mount vert a griffin segreant Or resting the dexter claw upon a builder's trowel, point downward, proper.
Supporters: On either side a lion guardant Or gorged with a wreath argent and gules, pendant therefroni by a leather guige an escutcheon also gules, that on the dexter charged with a rose argent, barbed and seeded proper, and that on the sinister with a fetterlock gold.
The arms were officially granted on September 10, 1956 to the Northampton Town and County Building Society; regranted 1 October 1968 upon the change in name.
We have no information on the meaning or origin of these arms.
If you have any information on these arms Building Society mail us !
Rate these arms / rate this page :