Diocese of Blackburn
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF BLACKBURN
Arms : Per fesse gules and Or, two keys in saltire wards downwards argent in chief and a rose barbed ans seeded proper in base
The arms were officially granted on February 19, 1927.
The arms combine the crossed keys of St. Peter with the rose of Lancashire, where the diocese is situated.
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Literature : Image from Wikipedia, McCarthy: Armoria Sedium.