Diocese of Chelmsford
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF CHELMSFORD
Or, on a saltire gules a pastoral staff of the first and a sword argent, pomel and hilt also of the first.
The arms were officially granted on August 12, 1949.
The arms illustrate the ecclesiastical history of the county of Essex, containing certain charges from the arms of the various ecclesiastical jurisdictions under which the county has been placed. The sword is taken from the arms of the Diocese of London, the saltire is that of the Diocese of Rochester, and the field has the colour of the golden saltire of the Diocese of St. Albans. The pastoral staff marks the episcopal character of the coat
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)