Diocese of Chester
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF CHESTER
The arms were recorded at the College of Arms.
It it assumed that these Arms was that of the local Abbey of Benedictine Nuns, that was suppressed during Henry VIII.
The Abbey Church become the Cathedral of the new Diocese.
Arms of Bishops
William Jacobson (1865-1884)
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)