Diocese of Cleveland

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 11,081

DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND (Dioecesis Clevelandensis)

Country : United States
Denomination : Roman Catholic

Established : 1847

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Cleveland

Official blazon

Per chevron sable and ermine a chevron engrailed counterchanged between three crosses crosslet.

Origin/meaning

The arms of the diocese of Cleveland are based on the family arms of General Moses Cleaveland (1754-1806) who surveyed and found the city that bears his name. To the Cleveland-arms -which divide the shield per chevron and charged with a chevron engrailed- the diocese added three small crosses-crosslet. The whole is sable and ermine counterchanged. The ermine is a fur typically used to line the robes of royalty and nobility

Arms of Bishops

Arms of Auxiliary Bishops


Rate these arms / rate this page :

0.00
(0 votes)

(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)

Follow us on Facebook.jpg

Share on :

(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)


Literature : ¨Northeast Ohio Catholic¨ Sep/Oct 2017