Diocese of Dallas, Texas

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 10,977

DIOCESE OF DALLAS

Country : United States
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1875 as the Missionary District of Northern Texas, become the Diocese of Dallas in 1895.
See city : Dallas

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Dallas, Texas

Official blazon

Gules, within an escutcheon of the same upon a cross or, a lion passant of the second having his dexter forepaw upon a fleur-de-lis, in the dexter chief a five-pointed star, and in the sinister chief crossed keys or.

Origin/meaning

The Star symbolizes Texas, the Keys of St Peter stand for the episcopal office. the Lion and fleur-de-lis comes from the Arms of Rt.Rev. Alexander Charles Garret, First Bishop of Dallas (1895-1924).

Arms of Bishops of Dallas

___________________________________________________________

Rate these arms / rate this page :

0.00
(0 votes)

(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)

Follow us on Facebook.jpg

Share on :

(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)

Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church