Diocese of Ely
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF ELY
Gules three Ducal Coronets two and one Or.
The arms were recorded at the College of Arms.
The earlist recorded use of this Arms is by Bishop William de Luda in 1290. They are those assigned to S. Etheldreda, Queen of Northumbria and founder of the
Abbery of Ely, in whose honour the Cathedral is dedicated.
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)