Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF FORT WORTH
Per fess crenellated azure and argent in base a longhorn's mask proper above water issuant barry wavy azure and argent, charged with a mullet or; a canton gules charged with a griffin segreant holding a baton or.
The Longhorn's mask symbolizes the major industry of the Diocese and also the the frontier spirit and the venturesome nature of the people. The Two fesses wavy symbolizes the Rivers Trinity and Brazos which runs through the Diocese. The Griffin is borrowed from the Arms of Rt.Rev. Alexander Charles Garrett, First Bishop of Dallas (1874-1924). And this alludes to the fact that the Diocese of Fort Worth was formed in 1982 from the western half of the Diocese of Dallas.
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium.