Diocese of Gallup
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF HELENA (Dioecesis Gallupiensis)
Established : 1939
These arms are composed of a green field with three red crosses below a silver star. The most common and significant color of vital life in nature is green. To honor the heritage of the Native American peoples that inhabited the region around what is now Gallup, the field of the diocesan arms is green.
The three red crosses to signify the three priests—Fathers Francisco Letrado, Martin de Arvide, and Pedro de Avila y Ayala—who were martyred bringing the Gospel to the region. The Faith prevailed, and the Diocese of Gallup is under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is signified by the single silver star that appears in the upper right of the diocesan arms.
Arms of Bishops
Bernard Theodore Espelage (1940-1969)
Jerome Joseph Hastrich (1969-1990)
Donald Edmond Pelotte (1990-2008)
James Sean Wall (2009-present)
Rate these arms / rate this page :