Diocese of Laredo
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF LAREDO (Dioecesis Laredanus)
Established : 2000
The silver bend wavy is the Rio Grande and also emblematic for Baptism.
The silver steeple is that of the cathedral of Laredo, under the patronage of Saint Augusutine of Hippo, and the mother-church of this South Texas Region. It is the 2nd oldest church of South Texas. In 1755 Spanish friars who accompanied Don Tomas Sanchez, the founder of Laredo, established the church near the banks of the Rio Grande.
The red field symbolizes the Holy Spirit. Having been formally erected in the Great Jubilee 2000, the red field indicates a new beginning of in the life of the church in South Texas.
The flower is not explained.
Arms of Bishops
James Anthony Tamayo (2000-present)
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Literature : Diocesan website