Diocese of Northern Michigan
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF NORTHERN MICHIGAN
Country : United States
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1892 as the Missionary District of Northern Michigan, which in 1893 become the Diocese of Marquette. Renamed in 1937 as the Diocese of Northern Michigan
See city : Marquette
Azure, on a cross or between in 1st a pine cone or, in 2nd a indian and a trapper in a canoe or, in 3rd a beaver salient or, and in 4th a pickax and a spade in saltire reversed or, charged with seven mullets azure; surtout an enschuteon azure, three fleur-de-lis or, a border or.
The Red Cross symbolizes Anglican Heritage. The Pinecone alludes to the Lumber Industry and the Canoe symbolizes the French Voyageurs and thier influnce in the Area. The Beaver is a symbols of the fur trading industry and the pick and shovel for the Mining industry. The Stars symbolizes "The Seven Stars of the North".
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium