Diocese of South Dakota
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF SOUTH DAKOTA
Country : United States
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1871 as the Missionary District of Niobara, renamed in 1884 as the Missionary District of South Dakota. Which in 1971 bedom the Diocese of South Dakota
See city : Sioux Falls
Argent on a cross gules between four teepees gules the Greek words ΙΝΧΩΖΩΗΝ in pale and ΣΧΩΡΙ and in fess, all or.
The Arms are based on the First diocesean seal.
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium