Diocese of Trenton

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 11,032

DIOCESE OF TRENTON (Dioecesis Trentonensis)

Country : United States
Denomination : Roman Catholic

Established : 1881

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Trenton

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The golden heraldic cross moline signifies the mill which was built by Mahlon Stacy on the Delaware River in 1680. A village developed around the mill and in 1714, one William Trent bought the property surrounding the mill and the area became known as ¨Trentown´ or ´Trenton´. The superimposed silver moon is a symbol of the Blessed Virgin Mary, patroness of the diocese. The two shields colors blue and argent/white are also the colors of Mary.

Arms of Bishops

Arms of Auxiliary Bishops


Rate these arms / rate this page :

0.00
(0 votes)

(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)

Follow us on Facebook.jpg

Share on :

(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)


Literature : diocesan website, Hans van Heijningen