Diocese of Winchester
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF WINCHESTER
Gules, two keys, endorsed and conjoined at the bows, in bend, wards in chief, the uppermost Or, the lower argent, a sword, the point in chief, interposed between them in bend sinister of the third, pomel and hilt gold.
The arms were recorded at the College of Arms.
The arms are combining the symbols of St. Peter (keys) and St. Paul (sword), the patron saints of the cathedral and diocese.
Arms of Bishops
Edward Harold Browne (1873-1890)
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)