Exeter College (Oxford University)
EXETER COLLEGE (OXFORD UNIVERSITY)
Argent, two bends nebuly sable; a bordure of the last charged with eight pairs of keys endorsed and interlaced in the bows Or, the wards upwards.
Entered at the Visitation of 1574.
Exeter College was founded by Walter de Stapledon, Bishop of Exeter and was known at first as Stapledon Hall. The College uses Stapledon's arms, argent, two bendlets nebuly sable which are within a bordure sable charged with eight pairs of gold keys. The keys refer to the founder's bishopric of Exeter in the arms of which two gold keys are shown in saltire.
The arms on a tobacco card, (1922)
Rate these arms / rate this page :