|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
Fribourg was separated from Savoy in 1477 and the use of the cross of Savoy was abandoned. The new arms were derived from the old banner of the city of Fribourg. The oldest coloured image dates from 1478. The arms thus have not changed since.
The arms on a 1798 coin
The arms on a 1827 coin
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature : Mühlmann, L. : Wappen und Fahnen der Schweiz, Bühler Verlag, Lengnau, 1977 and 1997.