|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
The arms of the Canton and city of Luzern are similar and are both derived from the banner of the city. For some reason, the colours were changed; the white being on the left of the banner and on the right on the arms. The oldest known use of the arms is on the seal of the city from 1386, where there is a small shield with the arms in the base of the seal.
The oldest seal of Luzern
The arms have basically never changed since.
The arms of Luzern in 1597 below the Imperial Eagle and surrounded by the arms of the villages in the Canton
The arms in Luzern (source)
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Mühlmann, L. : Wappen und Fahnen der Schweiz, Bühler Verlag, Lengnau, 1977 and 1997.