|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Mecklenburg-Schwerin was a Duchy from 1701-1815, a Grand-Duchy from 1815-1918 and a free-state from 1918-1934 in the North-East of present Germany.
The new (Grand-)Duchy continued to use the arms of the former Duchy of Mecklenburg until 1918 (see there).
In 1918 the Grand-Duchy was changed into a free-state, thus all the references to the ruling dynasty were removed. The new arms are shown below, with as notable difference the removal of the ring through the nose on the first field.
The arms of the Free-State of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
Rate these arms / rate this page :