Melbourne Girls Grammar School
|Heraldry of the World|
|Australian heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Australia
MELBOURNE GIRLS GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Arms : Azure, a Chevron between three Crosses pomelly Argent.
Crest : A Mitre (not granted in Letters Patent, but approved by Garter as permissible to mark an Anglican School).
Motto: 'Nisi Dominus Frustra'.
The arms were granted on November 8, 1961.
Designed by Dr Alexander Leeper, first Warden of Trinity College, Melbourne, and a member of the School Council, in 1904, when the School had officially become a Church school, the Arms used previously having been those of the Morris family. Dr Leeper chose the three crosses as a specifically Christian design.
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature: Low, 1971